Become a MERIT partner
Initially introduced as a pilot project in Southeast Ottawa, MERIT is expanding into high risk neighbourhoods across the city. We welcome partnerships with social services, faith groups, mental health professionals, educational institutions, and other community-based organizations that are concerned with the health, safety, security, education and well-being of residents.
Why join us?
Our partners work together to
- reduce the risk of harm, victimization and criminality
- improve prioritization of local community safety, social and health related services
- mobilize and coordinate resources
- share information
- increase knowledge and awareness of social needs and solutions
- reduce costs and demand for services
Being at the MERIT table offers Nepean, Rideau and Osgoode Community Resource Centre a collaborative approach to support victims of elder abuse.
MERIT has shown an uncommon willingness to listen and change based on community input. I hope it never loses its genuine commitment to centering community needs and knowledge in its work.
- April Carrière, Social Planning Council of Ottawa